Wednesday 31 October 2012

Eminectomy Number 1

I was admitted to hospital earlier than planned because my jaw dislocated and A&E was unable to relocate it. On Monday 5th April 2010 I was transferred to Ward 29 at Aintree Hospital and on the Tuesday I was taken to theatre to relocate my jaw. I was then told I needed to stay in until my operation on the Friday as my jaw was now dislocating every other day! On the Friday I had the operation and was kept in overnight for monitoring...





This was the left jaw joint which was operated on, however, the right jaw joint was still causing problems, this operation only provided short term relief from the endless trips to A&E but within a month I was back to the same routine; jaw dislocation, A&E, drugs to relocate, sleep, it was a vicious cycle and the pain was terrible!

No comments:

Post a Comment