Thursday 1 November 2012

Where I'm up to today..

This is only a fraction of the problems I have faced and if I'd of taken a photo everytime I'd been to hospital or had my jaw come out of place there would be no more room on the page!
It is the 1st November 2012 and I am still having lots of problems. My jaw comes out of place very frequently now, approximately 5/6 times a day and I am in chronic pain! I take cocodomol and naproxen regularly and then oramorph when I feel that I can't cope with the pain. I still have to go to A&E every so often (recently it's been once every week or two), and it is the same procedure but with more of a struggle and someone has to hold it in position for a very long time because the muscle spasms are so strong!
I have no quality of life as I go to work and to university which takes most of my strength and the rest of the time is spent with water bottles on my face, lying down to stop myself passing out,being sick or feeling dizzy. I have been researching jaw problems and I believe that the only solution is a jaw joint replacement. I highly doubt my consultant will want this procedure to happen but I am going to push because I can't carry on with this amount of pain. I have an appointment with him on the 5th November so I'm keeping everything crossed that there will be a long term solution!

No comments:

Post a Comment